October has now come and gone, and it's been a busy one for sure. We moved into our new home and we're slowly starting to organize and settle in, although I suspect it'll take a few months before we're totally finished (but does the work ever really end, let's be honest). A few things I've noticed since moving into our home:
- I had no idea how much sunlight I was missing, having always lived in basement apartments;
- I'd much rather hear house noises than human noises (the last place we rented was a semi-detached);
- Living in a neighborhood where people care about their neighbors is very refreshing;
- I can't wait to garden and plant flowers all around, but I have a lot to learn yet;
- It's so neat that there are trees in our yard - especially a beautiful little maple that showed me its lovely yellow and orange leaves.
In spirit of the new home, I wanted to show you a snap of my living room and the little rustic touches I'm starting to implement (that's as far as my decor skills go).
I also wanted to introduce you to our two puppy cats - Maverick (left) & Willow (right). They're both of the Ragdoll breed, Maverick being a blue lynx bi-color, and Willow being a solid lilac. Luckily, they really seem to be enjoying the new place, too. They've been enthusiastically practicing the art of light-following these past few weeks, making sure to out squeeze every ounce of sunlight they can.
Anyway, now that you have a better idea of what I've been up to at home, let's get down to business. Work has been steady with requests coming in for lettering on wood and logo designs. I have a ton of projects in mind for the future, I've just got to carve out the time to plan and execute them all. Most days I wish I could clone myself so that I could get work AND play done simultaneously. I'm also planning to create some holiday-themed pieces, so keep your eyes peeled in the coming few months.
Now it's time for some lettering + writing updates as well as your free monthly wallpaper download!
Wishing you a warm & cozy month -